Free Algebra Worksheet - Pythagorean Theorem Walkthrough and Problems
# of Problems: 14
# of Pages: 2
Answer Key?: Yes
Sample Problems from Worksheet
(Worksheet pictures and diagrams not shown)
1. In a right triangle, the side opposite the right angle is called the _________________.
2. The hypotenuse is the _______________ side. We use the variable c to represent the hypotenuse when we don’t know it’s length.
3. The other two sides of the triangle are called the _______ (these two sides form the right angle). We use the variables a and b to represent the legs.
4. Label the hypotenuse and legs in this right triangle:
5. The ___________________ _______________ describes the relationship of the lengths of the sides of a _____________ triangle.
6. The Pythagorean Thereom is named after ________________, a Greek philospher and mathematician who taught around 530 BC.
1. What is the length of the hypotenuse of the triangle? Using the triangle at the right, find the length of the missing side. 3. a = 6, b = 8, c = ?
6. A pigeon leaves its nest and flies 5 km due east. Then he flies 3 km due north. How far is the pigeon from his nest? (Draw a picture! Round to nearest tenth).