Biconditional Statements and Good Definitions
Free Geometry Worksheet - Biconditional Statements and Good Definitions
# of Problems: 12
# of Pages: 3
Answer Key?: Yes
Sample Problems from Worksheet
(Worksheet pictures and diagrams not shown)
Biconditional Statements – Good Definitions
1) A statement combining a conditional and its converse is called a _____.
The following conditional statements are true. If the converse is also true, combine the statements as a biconditional.
2) If 3x – 2 = 13, then x = 5.
3) If two angles have equal measures, then they are congruent.
4) If x = 4, then | x | = 4.
5) If three points are collinear, then they lie on the same line.
Write each biconditional as two conditionals that are converses of each other.
6) An angle is a right angle if and only if its measure is 90.
Identify each statement below as a good definition or not a good definition. Explain your answer.
9) A triangle is a polygon with exactly three sides.
10) A square is a figure with four right angles.