Conditional Statements, Converses, Counterexamples, Truth Values Worksheet
Number of Problems:
Write the hypothesis and conclusion of each conditional.
1) If it rains, then the game will be cancelled.
2) If you do not sleep, you will be tired.
3) AB = BC if B is the midpoint of AC .
4) If x = -2, then x2 = 4
Show that each conditional is false by finding a counterexample.
5) If an animal is a bird, then it is a penguin. 6) If x > 2, then x > 5
7) If a number is divisible by 2, then it is divisible by 4.
Write the converse of each statement. If the converse is true, write true. If the converse is false, give a counterexample.
8) If two angles are right angles, then they are congruent.
9) If x + 20 = 25, then x = 5.