Deductive Reasoning - Law of Detachment - Law of Syllogism
Free Geometry Worksheet - Deductive Reasoning - Law of Detachment - Law of Syllogism
Problems require students to use the law of detachment (If p→q is a true statement and p is true, then q is true) and the law of syllogism (If p→q and q→r are true statements, then p→r is a true statement) to draw conclusions from given statements.
# of Problems: 9
# of Pages: 3
Answer Key?: Yes
Sample Problems from Worksheet
(Worksheet pictures and diagrams not shown)
Law of Detachment – Law of Syllogism
1) The law of detachment states that if a conditional is true and its hypothesis is true, then its ______ must also be true.
Use the Law of Detachment to draw a conclusion if possible.
2) If two lines are parallel, then they do not intersect Line a is parallel to line b.
3) If three points lie on the same line, then they are collinear.
Points A, B, and C lie on line l.
4) If the measures of two angles have a sum of 90 degrees, then the angles are complementary.
m∠1+ m∠2 = 90
5) If two figures are congruent, then their areas are equal.
The area of ABCD equals the area of WXYZ
All worksheets are © Tutor-USA. All Rights Reserved.