Deductive Reasoning - Law of Detachment - Law of Syllogism Worksheet
Number of Problems:
Law of Detachment – Law of Syllogism
1) The law of detachment states that if a conditional is true and its hypothesis is true, then its ______ must also be true.
Use the Law of Detachment to draw a conclusion if possible.
2) If two lines are parallel, then they do not intersect Line a is parallel to line b.
3) If three points lie on the same line, then they are collinear.
Points A, B, and C lie on line l.
4) If the measures of two angles have a sum of 90 degrees, then the angles are complementary.
m∠1+ m∠2 = 90
5) If two figures are congruent, then their areas are equal.
The area of ABCD equals the area of WXYZ