Triangle Inequality Theorem - Inequalities in Triangles
Free Geometry Worksheet - Triangle Inequality Theorem - Inequalities in Triangles
# of Problems: 15
# of Pages: 4
Answer Key?: Yes
Sample Problems from Worksheet
(Worksheet pictures and diagrams not shown)
Inequalities in Triangles
Complete each Inequality Theorem.
1) If one side of a triangle is longer than a second side, then the larger angle lies opposite the _____________ side.
2) If one angle of a triangle is larger than second angle, then the longer side lies opposite the _____________ angle.
3) The sum of the lengths of any two sides of a triangle is _____________ than the length of the third side.
4-5) Name the largest angle and the smallest angle of each triangle.
6-7) Name the largest angle and the smallest angle of each triangle. Is it possible for a triangle to have the sides with the lengths indicated? Explain.
8) 3, 7, 8
9) 1, 1, 4
10) 9, 6, 2
11) 3, 4, 5
12) 2.4, 2.9, 5
13) 3, 6, 10
14) Two sides of a triangle have lengths of 10 and 13. The length of the third side can be any number between _____ and ______.
15) Two sides of a triangle have lengths of 5x and 11x. The length of the third side can be any number between _____ and ______.
All worksheets are © Tutor-USA. All Rights Reserved.