Ratios, Unit Rates, and Proportions
Free Pre-Algebra Worksheet - Ratios, Unit Rates, and Proportions
# of Problems: 24
# of Pages: 3
Answer Key?: No
Sample Problems from Worksheet
(Worksheet pictures and diagrams not shown)
Free Pre-Algebra Worksheet
1. Suppose a class has 14 redheads, 8 brunettes, and 6 blondes.
a. What is the ratio of redheads to brunettes?
b. What is the ratio of redheads to blondes?
c. What is the ratio of blondes to brunettes?
d. What is ratio of blondes to total students?
2. Express the following as ratios in fraction form and reduce (simplify).
3. Write the unit rate for each situation.
(HINT: With unit rates and unit prices, the denominator in the ratio must be 1).
a. earn $92 in 8 hours.
4. Find each unit price. Then determine which is the better buy.
a. Which is the better buy –
10 pencils for $1.10 or 30 pencils for $3.15?
5. Solve each proportion.
6. Use a proportion to find each missing number.
a. 175 days = _______ weeks
7. For the following problems, set up a proportion and solve.
a. At the Copy Shoppe, 18 copies cost $1.08. At this rate, how much
will 40 copies cost?
d. You can do 12 math problems in 45 minutes. At this rate, how long will it take you to do
20 math problems.
e. A baseball team scores 4 runs in the first three innings of a 9-inning baseball game. If it
continues at that rate, how many runs will it score in the game.?
All worksheets are © Tutor-USA. All Rights Reserved.