Writing Equations to Solve Problems Worksheet
Number of Problems:
Free Pre-Algebra Worksheet
Writing Equations to Solve Problems
Write an equation for each problem.
Solve the equation.
1) A pair of shoes cost $5 more than a pair of sandals. The total cost for both is $99.90. Find the cost of the pair of shoes.
2) A pencil and pen together cost $1.75. If the pen costs .45 more than the pencil, how much does the pencil cost?
3) Michelle has $350 saved to pay for her surfing lessons. If a lesson costs $25, how many lessons can she afford with her savings?
4) A plain cheese pizza costs $10.25. Each addition topping costs $1.10. If a pizza costs $13.55, how many toppings are on the pizza?
5) The difference between 8 times a number and Â½ of the number is 16. Find the number.