Combinations - Determine Number of Combinations Worksheet
Number of Problems:
Find the value:
1) C(7, 4)
4) In how many ways may a committee of 4 be chosen from a group of 25?
5) From a group of 25 Democrats and 18 Republicans, how many committees consisting of 3 Democrats and 2 Republicans are possible if one of two specific Democrats is to be chairman?
6) On a baseball squad, there are 3 catchers, 5 pitchers, seven infielders and 7 outfielders. How many baseball mines can be formed?
8) In how many ways can a person get a bridge hand consisting of 2 aces, 1 king, 1 queen, 3 jacks, and the six other cards 10 or less?
11) How many tetrahedrons are determined by 9 points no four of which lie on the same plane?
13) Solve for n in the equation C(n + 2,4) = 6C(n,2)